Welcome to ISA Toronto!
We are the local chapter of the International Society of Automation. If you would like more information about us, please contact one of our executive members. You can find their details in the Contact Us section.
ISA District 13 (Eastern Canada) Leadership Conference is on April 29th to May 1st, 2016 @ Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel at 5400 Dixie Road (just south of Hwy 401). We are hosting Hamilton, Sarnia, and Montreal ISA Sections.
from 3 pm to 3:45pm
'Gift of Courageous Feedback'
by Deborah Jann, Senior associate with Clean Slate Strategies, Management Consultant.
In life we are often faced with challenges and pressures outside of our control and
we still need to perform. Sometimes we can hire people to manage our stress
and expectations. Thank you doctors, lawyers, mechanics, accountants, therapists...
But what do you do when you work, live or learn with someone who is causing stress
by not meeting high standards or expectations? What if they are not aware of the
shortfall? What if they are really, really nice? Should we say anything? And do we?
Every interaction with another human being is an opportunity to influence outcomes.
As colleagues, friends, parents and consumers we are in the unique position to
advance thinking, conversation and relationships by providing courageous feedback.
In this interactive and engaging session you will:
- Identify different ways to leverage facts and natural curiosity
- Learn techniques to challenge assumptions with confidence
- Build courage and strategies to navigate tough conversations for win-win outcomes
from 3:45pm to 4:30pm
Straight Talk on Energy Challenges – Canada, US, World
by Paul Acchione, M. Eng., P. Eng., FCAE,
Senior Management Consultant, 2013-2014 President & Chair of the OSPE.
Paul was made a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering in 2014.
Energy policy challenges and the lessons learned from
Ontario’s experience will be discussed:
• Some inconvenient energy facts
• Policy challenges
• Current energy demand – Canada, Ontario, USA, World
• Current electricity demand - Canada, Ontario, USA, World
• Cost of various generation technologies in Ontario
• Case study – Ontario’s grid
• Lessons learned from Ontario’s experience - discusses energy
policy challenges and the lessons learned from Ontario’s experience.